Are you passionate about social justice? Do you want to contribute your skills while becoming a better ally? Join our Fellowship Program!
Service Never Sleep’s signature Fellowship program is a year-long leadership development & service program that pairs young professionals in the DC metro area with local non-profit organizations to provide skills-based service on a part-time basis while providing them with the tools they need to be leading allies in their communities. Fellows provide 10 hours of skills-based service per month to help expand and enhance the impact of local non-profits. In addition, Fellows attend monthly leadership development trainings that offer a chance to learn from local experts, develop new leadership skills, and build community with other young professionals.
Past Fellowship projects have included:
- Developing a data visualization tool to help represent the organization’s data, providing a sophisticated but easy way to analyze org data and program performance.
- Completing a review of social media and develop a new annual strategy, including a posting calendar, messaging templates, new visuals, and analysis of social media activity and success.
- Researching best practices to improve an existing program or seek nonprofit models that can be replicated by the organization.
- Enhancing development work by conducting donor data analysis that observes giving trends at the organization. Also support development by researching and applying to available grant opportunities that align with organization.
- Supporting organizational events by conducting partner outreach, developing volunteer program roles, designing event materials, and researching outlets for publicizing locally.
Applications for the 2022 Fellowship year (February-December) are now open. Applicants can expect to participate in interviews in November and December, before nonprofit placements are made in January. There is a $2,500 Fellowship fee. Applicants are encouraged to request sponsorship from their employers. Those unable to cover programming fees through employer sponsorship, independent means, or fundraising are still encouraged to apply. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
The 2022 Fellowship will operate remotely until conditions from the COVID-19 pandemic improve. It is strongly preferred that applicants live in the DC metro area to ensure a robust Fellowship experience when in-person activities resume.
Be A Fellow
Fellowship applications close November 30, 2021.
Host A Fellow
Host site applications close October 31, 2021.